Safety and Risk Management Training
The Blackhawk Area Council recognizes the immediate need to train adult leaders in the proper design and operation of safe Scouting programs. There are several safety courses offered that provide the most important and valuable of lessons on the Health and Safety issues of the BSA.
Safety and Risk Management Training Courses
What if Your Youth Protection Training Has Expired or is about to Expire?
Dear Registered Adult Scout Volunteer & Merit Badge Counselors...
Thank you for your continued service and dedication to the youth of the Blackhawk Area Council. In an effort to adhere to the National BSA policy and the safety of our youth we are notifying you of your expired Youth Protection Training (YPT), which must be renewed every two years.
As we enter the holiday season we ask you to log on to www.my.scouting.org and update your Youth Protection Training. It only takes a few minutes of your time as you enjoy the warmth of your home or office.
Your diligence is greatly appreciated by all, especially by the youth of Blackhawk Area Council.
Due to BSA National policy we will only be able to renew you as a Registered Adult if your Youth Protection Training is completed / updated and submitted to the council office.
Please see the instructions below to access the training.
To Access YPT Training
- Go to www.my.scouting.org
- Log in (If you currently have a profile or click Create Account
- In the upper left hand corner click on Home & My Dashboard
- There are 3 types of YPT (YPT, Venturing YPT, & Exploring YPT) Please take the standard YPT – Then if you are involved with Venturing and/or Exploring move on to complete those afterwards
- In your profile you can link your BSA Member ID and once linked the system will update in our records & with National records.
HOWEVER if your membership ID is not linked in your profile then you will need to get your YPT certificate to council. You may do so by:
- Printing your paper certificate and faxing to: 815-397-7306 or drop off / mail to: Blackhawk Area Council, Att: YPT, 2820 McFarland Rd., Rockford, IL 61107
- Email your certificate to Emily Rinaldi at Emily.Rinaldi@scouting.org
If you are currently a Merit Badge Counselor and no longer wish to continue..
please indicate so by Emailing your intentions to Emily Rinaldi at Emily.Rinaldi@scouting.org