Your Best Scouts Deserve To Become Better Leaders!
Camp Lowden and Canyon Camp courses for National Youth Leadership Training 2014.
Download the registration form for the 2014 courses.
Load up your Troop or Crew with Experienced Youth Leaders from NYLT.
In 2014 Blackhawk Area Council again will be offering TWO NYLT courses
- June15-20, Camp Lowden
- August 3-8, Canyon Camp
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF NYLT?
The aims of NYLT are to give each Scout or Venturer participant a basic knowledge of various leadership skills while helping them relate these skills to their own troop/team/crew responsibilities; to give them the confidence and knowledge necessary to run their unit's program; to provide an opportunity to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other units; and of course, to have FUN.
NYLT Leadership Skills instruction includes:
- Communicating Well
- Finding Your Vision
- Setting Your Goals
- Preparing Your Plans
- Leading Yourself
- Team Development
- Solving Problems
- Resolving Conflict
- Making Ethical Decisions
- The Teaching EDGE
- The Leading EDGE
- Valuing People
If you would like additional information about NYLT contact:
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-reserved basis. In fairness to all, the deposit must be received to reserve your space.
We will communicate course information to the Parent Email Address provided above.
A confirmation of your registration will be emailed to you in the next 2 business days. If you do not receive a confirmation or you have questions about this registration, please contact Tom Takahashi at email@example.com
- Must be currently registered in the BSA
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must be 13 years old and hold the rank of First Class or above.
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Venturing Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews.
- All Scouts must obtain their unit leader approval to participate in NYLT.
- Must submit a completed BSA medical form with no restrictions.