Your Best Scouts Deserve To Become Better Leaders!
June course & August course!
DOWNLOAD NYLT 2017 FLYER
NYLT 2017 (June Course)
2017 Course Fees: $220.00 per participant ($30.00 discount for registration by 5/2/17)
NOTE: You can register for only a $50.00 non- refundable (BUT transferable!) deposit NOW!
Load up your Troop or Crew with Experienced Youth Leaders from NYLT.
In Blackhawk Area Council again will be offering TWO NYLT courses
- June 11-16 at Camp Lowden
- July 30 - August 4 at Canyon Camp
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF NYLT?
The aims of NYLT are to give each Scout or Venturer participant a basic knowledge of various leadership skills while helping them relate these skills to their own troop/team/crew responsibilities; to give them the confidence and knowledge necessary to run their unit's program; to provide an opportunity to share ideas and experiences with Scouts from other units; and of course, to have FUN.
NYLT Leadership Skills instruction includes:
- Communicating Well
- Finding Your Vision
- Setting Your Goals
- Preparing Your Plans
- Leading Yourself
- Team Development
- Solving Problems
- Resolving Conflict
- Making Ethical Decisions
- The Teaching EDGE
- The Leading EDGE
- Valuing People
If you would like additional information about NYLT contact:
- June Course: Carol Zarnstorff, 815-382-8872, firstname.lastname@example.org
- August Course: Tim Dingus, 815-243-3974, email@example.com
Applications are accepted on a first-come, first-reserved basis. In fairness to all, the deposit must be received to reserve your space.
We will communicate course information to the Parent Email Address provided above.
A confirmation of your registration will be emailed to you in the next 2 business days. If you do not receive a confirmation or you have questions about this registration, please contact one of the two contacts above...
- Must be currently registered in the BSA
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must be 13 years old and hold the rank of First Class or above.
- Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops.
- Venturing Scouts must have completed Introduction to Leadership Skills for Crews.
- All Scouts must obtain their unit leader approval to participate in NYLT.
- Must submit a completed BSA medical form with no restrictions.